Director of Online Learning and Accessibility
The Director of Online Learning and Accessibility provides long-term and day to-day management of the College's online courses and programs, Learning Management System (LMS) support for all faculty and students, and professional development support to all online Faculty and Adjunct Faculty. Additionally, the Director is responsible for all online, website, and multimedia accessibility. The Director reports to the Dean of Instruction and works collaboratively with the Dean of Student Services, Marketing, and Information Technology services. The Director is responsible for ensuring that the quality of the online courses at Gogebic Community College is strong and is consistent with the rigor and scope of face-to-face offerings. The Director is responsible for ensuring that all accreditation and regulatory requirements for online learning are met with emphasis on certifying that all online instructional material and marketing material are accessible.
- Assists faculty and related administrators to implement effective pedagogies, technologies, and methodologies in respective programs to promote student engagement and success.
- Provide strategic direction for online learning commensurate with industry best practices.
- Maintain LMS, website, and all other electronic communication mediums to be in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- Designs, develops, and delivers on-line training to faculty and staff in the use of instructional technologies and educational best practices, instructional resources, instructional technologies, and multimedia hardware/software to support teaching and learning.
- Responsible for ensuring online quality and rigor that is consistent to face-to-face offerings.
- Enhances online student services.
- Ensures the smooth operation of services for online students.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in the field of online learning, instructional design or related field from a U.S. Department of Education regionally accredited college or university.
- Online teaching experience.
- Knowledge of Moodle.
- Experience in instructional design and working with online content.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in indoor conditions and regularly works near video display. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applications will be accepted until April 23, 2018.
Interested individuals should submit a portfolio containing:
a letter of interest
a detailed resume
three references with current contact information
GCC Application for Employment
unofficial transcripts (official transcripts are required before employment)
other relevant material to:
Human Resources Attn: Ashley Paquette
Gogebic Community College
E4946 Jackson Road
Ironwood, MI 49938
(906) 932-4231 ext. 324
Gogebic Community College is an equal opportunity educator and employer.